Our mission is to connect and optimize the world’s commerce. That means the whole world. So we’re determined to nurture our culture of meritocracy where everyone can thrive, no matter what we look like, where we’re from, how we grew up, whom we love, the nature of our faith, or how our bodies or minds work. We’re committed to achieving equity in treatment and opportunity for everyone, where people are judged on the merits and quality of their work.
It all starts with people. Inside every company, behind every brand - while business success is often measured in profit, it has always been powered by people. We firmly believe people are the heart of any organization - including our own. That’s why a career here provides much more than simple pay and perks. We’re dedicated to empowering people, solving tough problems, and helping careers flourish inside and out.
The Cloud Engineering team in the Platform Engineering organization operates to build a highly available, secure, and scalable cloud infrastructure. As a member of this team, an Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that our cloud infrastructure platform is continuously improved, secure, and scaled to meet the needs of our customers. Your responsibilities will include creating, monitoring, and automating cloud infrastructure and pipelines, collaborating with engineering teams, security and other platform teams to deliver highly reliable and secure offerings, and providing support for existing solutions and consulting on how to automate their workloads on cloud infrastructure.
- Building IaC (infrastructure-as-code) software and other tools providing a foundation for software teams to rapidly build large scale cloud systems.
- Establishing a golden AMI pipeline and maintain a continuous patching schedule for all cloud resources.
- Operationalize the resiliency and disaster recovery processes for IaaS landscape.
- Automation of key operating and security processes in IaaS workloads.
- Infrastructure management via Configuration Management platform to ensure security and full stack automation for applications, drive the use of the platform and standards for all applications.
- Driving investigation and resolution of security incidents impacting cloud infrastructure.
- Working closely with security team to address vulnerabilities, evidence gathering and securing our infrastructure.
- Handling the security hardening efforts for major OS distributions to ensure overall compliance and a streamlined service for internal customers.
- Participating in the rotating on-call schedule. Ensure that user emergencies, platform alerts, and support requests are addressed.
- Ability to recognize and solve problems in cloud and hybrid environments and the ability to create and implement a new solution from scratch.
- From code, to compile, to test, to deployment, you are enthusiastic about the software lifecycle beyond just writing code. and ensure good coding practices.
- You enjoy working in a highly collaborative/Agile environment with other team members as well as all of software engineering.
- You have the ability to operate independently and self-prioritize work. You are a good team player, and exceptional communicator.
- You enjoy learning new technologies and help foster a collegial environment of continuous improvement and innovation.
- Three or more years of experience in architecting, designing, developing, and implementing cloud solutions on AWS environments.
- At the direction of lead architects, develop and implement technical efforts to design, build, and deploy AWS applications.
- Knowledge around technologies such as Terraform. i.e. Experience building AWS infrastructure with IAC i.e. Terraform/CloudFormation
- High level of knowledge of the service offerings on AWS.
- AWS Certifications or at least keeping up-to-date with AWS Services evolution.
- An inquisitive mind who loves to learn the latest AWS technologies.
- Troubleshoot incidents, identify root causes, fix and document problems, and implement preventive measures.
- Demonstrate exceptional problem-solving skills, with an ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity.
- Knowledge and experience of high availability and scalability.
- Experience architecting containerization solutions in cloud environments like ECS or EKS . A strong background in systems engineering, especially with tools like Docker and Kubernetes in Linux and containerized environments.
- Expertise in implementing content delivery solutions at the edge.
- Experience architecting and securing regulated enterprise-class cloud services with compliance frameworks like SOC2, NIST, and ISO.
- Experience with logging and monitoring systems like Datadog and Cloudwatch.
- Are able to reason about large systems - how they work and can be operated on a large scale, edge cases, failure modes, behaviours.
- Experience in writing code/scripting in languages like ( Python, Bash, Powershell).
- Ability to diagnose complex distributed systems problems whether it be system, network or code.
What it’s like to work at ChannelAdvisor, a CommerceHub Company
We take a whole-person approach to engage and support our global team. We believe the diversity of our global team is an advantage. If you’re curious, innovative, determined, and customer-focused, then you’ll love the challenge and rewards of collaborating as a team to help our customers win. We offer competitive compensation programs that recognize your hard work and results. Because when our customers win, we win. And when we win, you win.
We work to create an environment where everyone who is committed, works hard, and delivers results can thrive and grow. You can connect with one of our employee resource groups and support our diversity, equity and inclusion task force, network with like-minded team members, and showcase your leadership skills.
- Medical coverage provided through Irish Life Health; premiums paid by the company
- Competitive time off package with 25 Days of PTO, 2 Wellness days and 1 Give Back Day
- Flexibility to choose where you work - at home, in the office, or both!
- Access to tools to support your wellbeing such as the Calm App, MoveSpring and an Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development stipend and learning and development offerings to help you build the skills and connections you need to move forward in your career.
- Charitable contribution match per team member
ChannelAdvisor, a CommerceHub Company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.Apply for this Job