Manager, Sales Engineering
Our mission is to connect and optimize the world’s commerce. That means the whole world. So we’re determined to nurture our culture of meritocracy where everyone can thrive, no matter what we look like, where we’re from, how we grew up, whom we love, the nature of our faith, or how our bodies or minds work. We’re committed to achieving equity in treatment and opportunity for everyone, where people are judged on the merits and quality of their work.
It all starts with people. Inside every company, behind every brand - while business success is often measured in profit, it has always been powered by people. We firmly believe people are the heart of any organization - including our own. That’s why a career here provides much more than simple pay and perks. We’re dedicated to empowering people, solving tough problems, and helping careers flourish inside and out.
The Manager, Sale Engineering will guide their colleagues in operating as an efficient business unit, working with Sales Leadership to ensure that organizational goals are met; including attaining overall sales revenue targets, improving the Sales Engineering support framework and providing continuous education through the sales organization.
- Work with services & sales leaders for smooth transition from discovery through launch
- Work with sales managers to ensure that we’re effectively working together as a team & improving relationships
- Identify gaps or deficiencies in current process & lead team through proposed changes
- Participate in company-wide projects for strategic efforts like advisory councils, new product offerings
- Run regular team enablement sessions focused on soft skills, areas of efficiency, best practice, and product
- Work internally to create buy-in from peers on change management and process improvements
- Establish, share and train team on best practices for all sales support functions
- Develop & manage a Sales Engineering Skills & Development Plan
- Provide mentoring and enablement for all Sales Engineers on their team
- 3 years in a leadership role (in remote environment preferred)
- 5 years Sales Engineering /Consulting Experience.
- 5 years experience working in eCommerce Industry.
- Understands sales cycle and comfortable guiding sales engineers through the process
- Ability to work cross departmentally, excellent problem-solving skills and strong ability to work well with others.
- Demonstrates ability to train and develop individuals within the team.
- Ability to mentor and coach sales engineers.
- Strong accountability and reliability for independently identifying & working with team members in areas of development/improvement
- Proven track record of positively influencing change within the sales organization and across departments.
- Demonstrates tenacity and integrity in difficult situations.
- Requires little to no guidance in development & execution of core responsibilities demonstrating a high level of accountability and leadership skills.
- Exhibits ability to guide team members with professional and personal development.
What it’s like to work at ChannelAdvisor, a CommerceHub Company
We take a whole-person approach to engage and support our global team. We believe the diversity of our global team is an advantage. If you’re curious, innovative, determined, and customer-focused, then you’ll love the challenge and rewards of collaborating as a team to help our customers win. We offer competitive compensation programs that recognize your hard work and results. Because when our customers win, we win. And when we win, you win.
We work to create an environment where everyone who is committed, works hard, and delivers results can thrive and grow. You can connect with one of our employee resource groups and support our diversity, equity and inclusion task force, network with like-minded team members, and showcase your leadership skills.
- Enhanced Private Medical Insurance and a Health Cash Back Plan
- Competitive time off package with 25 Days of PTO, 9 Holidays, 2 Wellness days and 1 Give Back Day
- Flexibility to choose where you work - at home, in the office, or both!
- Access to tools to support your wellbeing such as the Calm App, MoveSpring and an Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development stipend and learning and development offerings to help you build the skills and connections you need to move forward in your career
- Charitable contribution match per team member
ChannelAdvisor, a CommerceHub Company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.Apply for this Job