Global Benefits Specialist - (Temporary role, anticipated 6-8 months)
Today, CommerceHub is the #1 ecommerce network used by the world’s leading retailers and brands to extend their retail and ecommerce businesses.
Consumer expectations have shifted. In the Now Economy, they expect that our customers have what they want, in stock, ready for delivery, and with an experience that delights them at every step of the buying journey.
We believe we have a unique opportunity to help retailers, brands and suppliers connect to customers and meet the challenges of the Now Economy. Think that sounds interesting? It is!
Our remote-first team is growing, and we’re looking to add great people like you, who are ready to use their expertise to transform the world of ecommerce.
The Global Benefits Specialist will support the Administration of Global employee benefit programs including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, retirement, charitable matching, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), pension, wellness, employee perk, and discount programs, etc.
Their responsibilities include the following:
- Ensures accuracy of employee benefits enrollment within HRIS and benefits systems
- Processes day-to-day actions related to Benefits such as new hire and termination processing, updating demographic information, and maintaining employee records and documents.
- Maintains employee confidentiality and adheres to HIPAA guidelines for self-funded benefits
- Ensures accuracy of data and rectifies discrepancies with that data, if applicable
- Conducts routine audits to ensure data integrity and accuracy, in compliance with ERISA and the Affordable Care Act
- Processes and reconciles monthly benefit invoices
- Advises employees on Benefits programs
- Educates employees on benefits programs and answers questions
- Resolves issues and inquiries from employees regarding health and welfare benefits
- Assists Manager, Human Resources with Open Enrollment planning, communication, and execution of Annual Open Enrollment.
- Assists with delivering New Hire Total Rewards Orientation
- Plans monthly wellness communications to send to employees, including highlighting a benefit each month to foster employee benefits education
- Administers annual benefits survey and compiles results
- Manage Global Leave of Absence
- Educates employees on leave programs and answers employee questions
- Meets with US employees to discuss their leave plans and coordinates planning their leaves with our vendor
- Possesses a deep understanding of leave compliance and complies with FMLA, ADA, ADEA, FLSA, etc.
- Assists with executing Compliance programs for Benefits & Operations
- Processes and answer unemployment questionnaires
- Provides employee benefits information for any state-required child support requests
- Assists with annual processing of 1095-C & 1094 forms, 401(k) Non-discrimination testing, and data gathering for annual 401(k) and health and welfare 5500s.
- Assists with processing immigration paperwork for employees on H1-B visas or Green Cards
- Interfaces with immigration attorneys to get the information needed to support employees on H1-B visas or green cards.
- 3+ years of experience supporting the administration of employee benefit programs
- Possess a deep understanding of Leave of Absence compliance and complies with FMLA, ADA, ADEA, FLSA, etc.
- Thorough understanding of state and federal regulations relating to benefit plans and all applicable laws relating to benefit administration (including COBRA, HIPPA, and ERISA), and be able to effectively work within company policies and state/federal laws.
- Experience working across multiple benefit vendor systems and HRIS (preferably ADP)
- Analytical skills, detail-oriented, advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (ex: pivot tables, v lookups, Charts, etc.)
- Highly organized with strong project planning skills, the ability to work under strict deadlines as well as manage multiple priorities independently
- Act as a subject matter expert and provide valuable insight to all stakeholders
- Comfy in a start-up environment - low structure so autonomy will be high, but so will the opportunity to thrive!
- Benefits Certification (CBP or CEBS)
- HR Certification (SHRM-CP or PHR)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources
- A great sense of humor and genuine curiosity
What it’s like to work at CommerceHub
We have big plans for growth and transformation and we’re doing it with a remote-first team across the world.
Remote first gives us more flexibility to help each other do our best work. It means that work-life balance is more than a cliché. We’ve built balance into our culture and it’s at the core of everything we do—how we collaborate and make change happen.
Connected by our drive to transform ecommerce, our culture is driven by our employees. We trust each other, work hard and respect both personal and professional boundaries, knowing that we’re at our best when we’re intentional about how and where we work. We believe autonomy leads to great work and an even bigger impact.
CommerceHub is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.Apply for this Job