Senior Human Resources Generalist
*Please note, you will be required to attend the office in Madrid at least once per week.
Our mission is to connect and optimize the world’s commerce. That means the whole world. So we’re determined to nurture our culture of meritocracy where everyone can thrive, no matter what we look like, where we’re from, how we grew up, whom we love, the nature of our faith, or how our bodies or minds work. We’re committed to achieving equity in treatment and opportunity for everyone, where people are judged on the merits and quality of their work.
It all starts with people. Inside every company, behind every brand - while business success is often measured in profit, it has always been powered by people. We firmly believe people are the heart of any organization - including our own. That’s why a career here provides much more than simple pay and perks. We’re dedicated to empowering people, solving tough problems, and helping careers flourish inside and out.
We are building out our HR team and are looking for an HR Generalist to join us in supporting the EMEA region! Reporting into our Spain HR Manager, you will support employee onboarding and offboarding, employment compliance, benefits administration, payroll coordination, and other HR operational programmes and projects as needed. You will also assist in performance management, employee relations issues and provide coaching and consultant to managers.
Your work may span many countries (UK, Spain and Ireland), so experience working with multiple nationalities is preferred. If you’re passionate about supporting colleagues, internal customers, and other stakeholders, we’d like to speak with you. Most importantly, we pride ourselves on our continuous focus, which is to provide a best in class HR experience for our team!
- Ensure all employees have a positive employee experience
- Support and guide internal stakeholders through sensitive conversations and transitions
- Lead the implementation of employment lifecycle compliance to ensure country legislation and country Agreements adherence
- Navigate and resolve complex employee relations cases
- Ensure a smooth onboarding and offboarding experience for employees
- Manage, organize and upload employee information into appropriate HR systems while ensuring data integrity
- Assist staff with benefits, retirement plans, payroll, systems or employment contract questions
- Act as a liaison between HR, our Finance and Legal team, and other teams as needed
- Ensure that all documentation is reviewed for accuracy, and recommend process improvements as needed
- Lead training sessions for various levels of staff
- Support the delivery of annual HR programmes, new projects and other tasks as assigned
- 3-5 years of previous experience working in an HR Generalist role
- Spanish employment legislation - experience supporting or implementing in past two years
- Compliance experience - health and safety, remote work, equality plan, clock-in/out
- BS degree in HR, Business or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Comfortable with handling difficult employee relations discussions
- Strong public speaking skills and comfortable hosting live training sessions
- Experience working with EMEA based staff members as well as remote offices
- Unparalleled organisational skills, a keen attention to detail, and experience organising and leading projects with many different data sources
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- A commitment to confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to work in a team with a results-oriented approach.
- Strong preference to be located within commuting distance to our Madrid office
- Experienced in country National/Sector Agreements
- Experience with a comprehensive HRIS system
- Experience with Learning & Development initiatives
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Experience with systems integrations due to mergers/acquisitions
- Strong experience in Excel, including pivot tables experience
What it’s like to work at ChannelAdvisor, a CommerceHub Company
We take a whole-person approach to engage and support our global team. We believe the diversity of our global team is an advantage. If you’re curious, innovative, determined, and customer-focused, then you’ll love the challenge and rewards of collaborating as a team to help our customers win. We offer competitive compensation programs that recognize your hard work and results. Because when our customers win, we win. And when we win, you win.
We work to create an environment where everyone who is committed, works hard, and delivers results can thrive and grow. You can connect with one of our employee resource groups and support our diversity, equity and inclusion task force, network with like-minded team members, and showcase your leadership skills.
- Medical, Dental and Psychology benefits
- Competitive time off package with 25 Days of PTO, 2 Wellness days and 1 Give Back Day
- Voucher program for Transportation, Meals & Childcare
- Flexibility to choose where you work - at home with a remote stipend, in the office, or both!
- Access to tools to support your wellbeing such as the Calm App, MoveSpring and an Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development stipend and learning and development offerings to help you build the skills and connections you need to move forward in your career.
- Charitable contribution match per team member
ChannelAdvisor, a CommerceHub Company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.Apply for this Job