Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Today, CommerceHub is the #1 ecommerce network used by the world’s leading retailers and brands to extend their retail and ecommerce businesses.
Consumer expectations have shifted. In the now economy, they expect that our customers have what they want, in stock, ready for delivery, and with an experience that delights them at every step of the buying journey.
We believe we have a unique opportunity to help retailers, brands and suppliers connect to customers and meet the challenges of the now economy. Think that sounds interesting? It is!
Our remote-first team is growing, and we’re looking to add great people like you, who are ready to use their expertise to transform the world of ecommerce.
The DevOps Team helps the engineers at CommerceHub take their effectiveness to a higher level by offering internally hosted development and operations tooling and support. We provide source control, binary repository management, continuous integration, monitoring, provisioning, log aggregation, automation, reviewing/auditing, and metrics tools. The combination of these tools and services greatly decrease the overhead of operations tasks enabling the engineer to focus on their work with minimal friction. Our goal is to offer one-stop shopping, allowing engineers to pick from a collection of self-serve solutions that will allow them to be up and running in the minimal amount of time and not have to worry about maintaining the systems their solutions rely on.
About the role:
- You like to automate the process of standing up and tearing down environments, and focus on instrumenting the monitoring and metrics required to maintain long-term high availability.
- You are able to context switch from writing a new service one day, resolving an issue with continuous delivery the next, and at the end of the week implement a process for a new team to deploy software into AWS.
- You want to stretch beyond Software Engineering into a position where you can manage and automate AWS infrastructure continually removing any manual toil that exists
- You are able to recognize issues with legacy environments and are not afraid to design and implement a new solution from the ground up.
- From code, to compile, to test, to deployment, you are enthusiastic about the software lifecycle beyond just writing code.
- You will support the engineering teams with infrastructure and tools for automatically building, deploying and running applications with a goal of 100% automation and observability.
- You enjoy working in a highly collaborative/Agile environment with other DevOps team members as well as all of software engineering.
- You have the ability to operate independently and self-prioritize work.
- You enjoy learning new technologies and help foster a collegial environment of continuous improvement and innovation.
- 5+ Years as a Site Reliability, DevOps or Platform Engineer working in high availability AWS environments
- Proficient in writing code in languages like Typescript, Rust, Go
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code solutions like CDK and Terraform
- Strong systems engineering skills, particularly in Linux and containerized environments using tools like Docker and Kubernetes
- Ability to diagnose complex distributed systems problems whether it be system, network or code
- Experience instrumenting all parts of the stack using tools like DataDog, Grafana, Prometheus and Cloudwatch
What it’s like to work at CommerceHub
We have big plans for growth and transformation and we’re doing it with a remote-first team across the world.
Remote first gives us more flexibility to help each other do our best work. It means that work-life balance is more than a cliché. We’ve built balance into our culture and it’s at the core of everything we do—how we collaborate and make change happen.
Connected by our drive to transform ecommerce, our culture is driven by our employees. We trust each other, work hard and respect both personal and professional boundaries, knowing that we’re at our best when we’re intentional about how and where we work. We believe autonomy leads to great work and an even bigger impact.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits: Affordable health care plans with premiums that will not exceed 5% of your salary and company HSA contributions, starting on Day 1
- A 6% 401(k) match
- Competitive time off package with 20 days of Paid Time Off, 9 paid company holidays, 2 paid floating holidays, 7 paid sick days, and a paid volunteer day
- 4 weeks paid Parental (Bonding) Leave
- Remote work stipend for internet, cell phone, office furniture and supplies
- Culture and team-building activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance
- Career development opportunities
- Charitable contribution match per team member
CommerceHub is an Equal Opportunity Employment and Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.Apply for this Job