A Company You Can Grow With
CommerceHub is a tech melting pot of highly skilled individuals from various disciplines all working towards a common goal: supporting our partners to get their customers what they want, fast. We are constantly on the lookout for creative, fun and hardworking people who enjoy coming to work and doing what they love.
CommerceHub has been a leader in the ecommerce space for years, helping retailers and brands to Keep Growing. Our team is comprised of talented individuals from a wide range of industry leading companies such as Amazon, eBay, Microsoft, IBM, Yahoo, GE, and more. We're a group of highly driven experts making a difference, whether they are seasoned veterans, or talented millennials establishing themselves. We are always looking for great personalities to grow with us and contribute to our success.
At CommerceHub, we’re passionate about designing, building, and refining innovative products that revolutionize the way our customers sell online. Our goal is to increase our customers’ productivity, and to help them realize powerful new possibilities. A well-designed product reinforces and strengthens the CommerceHub brand and accelerates the speed at which new users adopt our products. The UX/UI Designer’s role is to work with product managers, designers, and engineers to make sure we are building products people genuinely want to use.
The UX/UI Designer is responsible for the following:
- Learning and Discovery. You’ll translate research, evidence, and analytics into effective design decisions. You’re able to validate designs for ease of use and ability to deliver real value to our users.
- Collaborative Feature and Flow Design. With a focus on outcomes, you’ll contribute design and task flows for product and engineering on one or more product teams. You’ll collaborate with business and engineering on day-to-day design projects, while continually defining and specifying presentation and behavior in the form of wireframes and documentation for engineering.
- Design Validation. You’ll employ a validation stack (Theory, Research and Evidence) to support your designs. You’ll use this to vet your ideas before proposing them. Looking at real data, conducting usability tests, conducting research, looking at analytics, this is how you’ll evaluate the efficacy of your ideas.
- Design Direction. You’ll provide design direction and post-development design reviews on user-facing engineering tickets. You’ll also be available to answer clarifying questions as they come up. You’ll work with PMs on challenges to your designs, and provide design rationales and work to balance user needs with the pressures of technology and business.
- Continual Refinement and Improvement. You’ll develop tools and processes to constantly improve usability and create functional, simple solutions to complex issues. You’ll think through user personas and scenarios to clarify results of user research and focus on the needs of key users.
- You’ll prioritize the components of user value against competing forces. You’ll work to deliver experiences that are not only functional, but also discoverable, usable, useful, credible, accessible, and desirable.
- Presenting your Work. You jump at the chance to share what you’ve done and can provide a strong rationale for the decisions you have made.
Successful candidates for the position must meet the following requirements:
- Previous work experience in a research/design role for product development, or in a web agency setting. A degree in Interaction Design, HCI, or related field is preferred
- Empathy, curiosity, and critical thinking. You gain satisfaction from taking on other people’s problems and finding ways to help them achieve their goals
- Demonstrated understanding of web app design best practices and usability principles
- A portfolio that demonstrates an ability to design clean, modern, and thoughtful interfaces across differing browsers and devices
- Able to work autonomously, and multitask in dynamic environments
- Exceptional collaborator, communicator (written and verbal), and influencer
- Passion for excellence and a keen appreciation for the details that make up a great experience
CommerceHub is a leading provider of hosted supplier integration and order management services for multi-channel retailers. We are currently in an exciting period of growth and stability that provides an ideal work environment.
CommerceHub offers competitive compensation, 401k with match, health benefits, training opportunities, and outstanding growth opportunities EOE.Apply for this Job
I recently joined CommerceHub after spending 15 years working for a large corporation. I have yet to look back. There is so much energy and focus here at CommerceHub and the people are fantastic!Dave Phillips Senior Manager, Business Intelligence
CommerceHub is a place where dedication, hard work and passion are encouraged and highly valued. I have been able to grow and learn from my team year after year – they will always have your back no matter what.
Shreya Jivani Acting Lead Software Engineer
Sixteen years ago I started my career with a promising start up. Sixteen years later, there is no place I would rather be.Jay St. Gelais Staff Software Engineer
In college I interned at CommerceHub. During my recent job search, I was looking for a fast paced company that would provide me with a challenge and also work/life balance. I couldn’t think of a better place to work than CommerceHub!Chelsea Belmonte Manager, Internal Audit
I’ve grown more as a developer in the past year here at CommerceHub then I have over the rest of my 10 year career. The engineering team here is first-class: supportive, collaborative, and always moving forward.Andrew Blick UI/UX Solution Architect
CommerceHub’s a place where passion, dedication and hard work are highly valued. Surrounded by supportive and talented people, I’ve been able to build on my skills year after year.Carolyn Jaskolka Associate Product Manager
CommerceHub Engineering is an ever-evolving ecosystem. It is full of like-minded team members who support each other and embrace change. I am proud of the work we do and the sportsmanship my teammates show every day!Matt Mason Business Analyst
I joined CommerceHub after working for a large corporation and I have yet to regret my decision. CommerceHub is a great place for creating innovative solutions, making an impact, and building trusting relationships with teammates and clients.
Selina Heckendorf Director, Marketplace Performance
Growing and changing along with a company is important to me and that’s what is happening at CommerceHub. We are in the greatest period of advancement I have seen in my 11 years here and it’s really exciting.Travis Kostell Operations Business Analyst
Company Perks & Benefits
STOCK AWARD PROGRAM
Employees are eligible to participate in CommerceHub’s generous equity incentive program. Actual awards are made quarterly and are subject to Board approval, but new hires typically receive stock awards soon after their hire date.
GENEROUS 401(K) PROGRAM WITH 6% MATCH
Upon hire, employees are eligible to participate in CommerceHub’s 401(k) program, and the company provides dollar-for-dollar matching contributions on up to 6% of eligible compensation (subject to vesting).
EMPLOYEE STOCK PURCHASE PROGRAM
In addition to the stock award program, CommerceHub offers eligible employees the opportunity to purchase company stock directly from CommerceHub at a 15% discount to the market price.
COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH & WELLNESS BENEFITS
From day one, employees are eligible for health, dental and vision insurance. In addition, CommerceHub actively supports the health of its employees through a wellness program that includes free onsite ﬁtness classes throughout the week, a meditation room, game room and more!
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL GROWTH
On top of being packed with the most talented teammates around, employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement, training opportunities and leadership development. CommerceHub also supports the causes that are important to you – form a team and take a paid volunteer day, and have CommerceHub match up to $250 of charitable contributions each year!
We like to work hard and we love to have fun while doing it. Join us for regular onsite and offsite events like company picnics, hockey games, holiday parties and more. Join our softball team, our running and biking groups, or even our company band.
Want to know more about New York’s Tech Valley and why it’s an awesome place to live?
Watch the video!