A Company You Can Grow With
CommerceHub is a tech melting pot of highly skilled individuals from various disciplines all working towards a common goal: supporting our partners to get their customers what they want, fast. We are constantly on the lookout for creative, fun and hardworking people who enjoy coming to work and doing what they love.
Business Intelligence Senior Data Analyst
CommerceHub has been a leader in the ecommerce space for years, helping retailers and brands to Keep Growing. Our team is comprised of talented individuals from a wide range of industry leading companies such as Amazon, eBay, Microsoft, IBM, Yahoo, GE, and more. We're a group of highly driven experts making a difference, whether they are seasoned veterans, or talented millennials establishing themselves. We are always looking for great personalities to grow with us and contribute to our success.
The Senior Data Analyst will be a critical contributor to enabling the CommerceHub Business Intelligence Team to leverage data both derived from CommerceHub’s own platform as well as gathered from third parties. The goal of using this data is to identify opportunities to generate additional company revenue, to detect statistically significant changes in performance that should drive corrective actions, and to derive insights for use in industry publications and company marketing materials.
The Senior Data Analyst must be an expert in advanced statistics, must be able to work collaboratively with business users throughout the organization, and must have the ability to produce summaries and reports with accompanying charts, tables and other relevant visual representations that clearly and concisely convey complex findings in a that can be easily understood by business users. The Senior Data Analyst should also have substantial skills in programming (e.g., R or Python) and database development (e.g., SQL, ETL, etc.). Ideally, the candidate will also have experience in the retail industry.
- Build statistical models that
- Identify revenue-generating opportunities based on CommerceHub’s business model
- Detect changes that should drive corrective action
- Derive insights that can be used in more effectively marketing CommerceHub products, offerings and services
- Document findings, both in writing and through helpful, applicable visualizations, that clearly and concisely explain those findings
- Use Microsoft Power BI desktop and DAX to develop reports
- Develop and implement data quality measurement and metrics
- Execute SQL procedures to extract, transform and load (ETL) data
- Develop models in Python and/or R
- Experience in operations research, mathematics, and/or statistics in an industrial/applied environment
- Professional knowledge of linear programming, discrete optimization, stochastic methods, econometric and other scientific methods and techniques
- Facility with desktop business software, especially Excel
- Robust analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of ecommerce, financial reporting, and information systems
- Keen attention to detail, and understanding of its importance
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and under moderate supervision
- 5-10 years of experience, with domain experience in retail, strongly preferred
- Bachelors degree in an applied quantitative discipline including engineering, math, statistics, computer science, finance, information systems or related discipline
- Python and/or R statistical programming experience
- Proficiency in developing prototype software applications
I recently joined CommerceHub after spending 15 years working for a large corporation. I have yet to look back. There is so much energy and focus here at CommerceHub and the people are fantastic!Dave Phillips Senior Manager, Business Intelligence
CommerceHub is a place where dedication, hard work and passion are encouraged and highly valued. I have been able to grow and learn from my team year after year – they will always have your back no matter what.
Shreya Jivani Acting Lead Software Engineer
Sixteen years ago I started my career with a promising start up. Sixteen years later, there is no place I would rather be.Jay St. Gelais Staff Software Engineer
In college I interned at CommerceHub. During my recent job search, I was looking for a fast paced company that would provide me with a challenge and also work/life balance. I couldn’t think of a better place to work than CommerceHub!Chelsea Belmonte Manager, Internal Audit
I’ve grown more as a developer in the past year here at CommerceHub then I have over the rest of my 10 year career. The engineering team here is first-class: supportive, collaborative, and always moving forward.Andrew Blick UI/UX Solution Architect
CommerceHub’s a place where passion, dedication and hard work are highly valued. Surrounded by supportive and talented people, I’ve been able to build on my skills year after year.Carolyn Jaskolka Associate Product Manager
CommerceHub Engineering is an ever-evolving ecosystem. It is full of like-minded team members who support each other and embrace change. I am proud of the work we do and the sportsmanship my teammates show every day!Matt Mason Business Analyst
I joined CommerceHub after working for a large corporation and I have yet to regret my decision. CommerceHub is a great place for creating innovative solutions, making an impact, and building trusting relationships with teammates and clients.
Selina Heckendorf Director, Marketplace Performance
Growing and changing along with a company is important to me and that’s what is happening at CommerceHub. We are in the greatest period of advancement I have seen in my 11 years here and it’s really exciting.Travis Kostell Operations Business Analyst
Company Perks & Benefits
STOCK AWARD PROGRAM
Employees are eligible to participate in CommerceHub’s generous equity incentive program. Actual awards are made quarterly and are subject to Board approval, but new hires typically receive stock awards soon after their hire date.
GENEROUS 401(K) PROGRAM WITH 6% MATCH
Upon hire, employees are eligible to participate in CommerceHub’s 401(k) program, and the company provides dollar-for-dollar matching contributions on up to 6% of eligible compensation (subject to vesting).
EMPLOYEE STOCK PURCHASE PROGRAM
In addition to the stock award program, CommerceHub offers eligible employees the opportunity to purchase company stock directly from CommerceHub at a 15% discount to the market price.
COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH & WELLNESS BENEFITS
From day one, employees are eligible for health, dental and vision insurance. In addition, CommerceHub actively supports the health of its employees through a wellness program that includes free onsite ﬁtness classes throughout the week, a meditation room, game room and more!
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL GROWTH
On top of being packed with the most talented teammates around, employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement, training opportunities and leadership development. CommerceHub also supports the causes that are important to you – form a team and take a paid volunteer day, and have CommerceHub match up to $250 of charitable contributions each year!
We like to work hard and we love to have fun while doing it. Join us for regular onsite and offsite events like company picnics, hockey games, holiday parties and more. Join our softball team, our running and biking groups, or even our company band.
Want to know more about New York’s Tech Valley and why it’s an awesome place to live?
Watch the video!